Academic Vocabulary Cards are an amazing tool which comes with a planning guide that includes effective steps for vocabulary instruction.
Planning Guide includes:
• Steps for Effective Vocabulary Instruction
• Word lists organized by:
– Vertical alignment
– Process Words
Vocabulary at a Glance includes steps to effective vocabulary instruction, guide on how to identify which words to teach, powerful word parts that are essential in enhancing vocabulary knowledge, cognates that jumpstart English Language Learners (ELLs) in English learning, and a plethora of vocabulary strategies. It also includes vocabulary instruction research and accommodations for the ELL.
Key features include:
• Steps to Effective Vocabulary Instruction
• Words to Teach Guide
• List of Cognates and Powerful Word Parts
• Vocabulary Strategies
STAAR Guide to Success provides teachers with assessment and instructional information that is needed to better prepare students for the new state assessment, STAAR.
It includes the following:
• Assessment Blueprints for All Subjects
• Reading, Math, Science, and Writing (grades 4 + 7 only) Standards with Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Levels
• Instructional Guide for DOK Levels with Question Stems, Sentence Frames and more!
• English Language Proficiency Standards
• Linguistic Accommodations and Information for each Assessment
• Essential Assessed Content Vocabulary in English and Spanish