Research shows that teachers ask an average of 300-400 questions per day. How do we ensure that the questions asked promote the greatest learning to occur? And how can we encourage students to respond using academic language? The Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Question Stems and Sentence Frames are at the various DOK levels which serve as a visual for multi-level questioning and scaffolding for academic responses. This resource can be used independently or as a supplement to the STAAR Guide to Success!
The STAAR Vocabulary Kit will include a Vocabulary at a Glance flipbook, a Planning Guide, and Vocabulary Cards which are in English & Spanish
STAAR Vocabulary is a powerful tool that helps students master the academic vocabulary found on STAAR
Planning Guide includes:
• Steps for Effective Vocabulary Instruction
• Word lists organized by:
– Assessed Standard
– Across Grade Level
• Differentiated Strategies:
– Word Walls
ALSO INCLUDED: Standard-Based Vocabulary Cards
Vocabulary Card Set includes:
• Vocabulary key words from all assessed standards in English and Spanish
• Red and blue border on each side of card to support Dual Language classrooms
STAAR Guide to Success provides teachers with assessment and instructional information that is needed to better prepare students for the STAAR.
It includes the following:
• Assessment Blueprints for All Subjects
• Reading, Math, Science, and Writing (grades 4 + 7 only) Standards with Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Levels
• Instructional Guide for DOK Levels with Question Stems, Sentence Frames and more!
• English Language Proficiency Standards
• Linguistic Accommodations and Information for each Assessment
• Essential Assessed Content Vocabulary in English and Spanish